This year’s pictures will be done on a dark background with blue highlights. It is a classic painted background which works well with many color schemes.
Choosing what to wear at your family photo session is a very personal thing. Contrary to what you may hear, there is no “right” answer. But, there are several things, when viewed by most, are considered “nicer” than others.
- Solid colors or simple patterns are preferred over heavily patterned material
- Natural materials tend to look better under studio lights
- Color coordinating the family’s selection is paramount. Though exact matches work very well, so do basic themes; same goes for material
- Long sleeves tend to look better on adult males—Females photograph well with long or short
- Manicures are a definite consideration
- If haircuts are scheduled- it’s best to have them done a couple of days before
- Avoid haircuts which come down too far on the forehead
- Jewelry always adds some sparkle
The clothing chosen, by the family, will be the first thing people notice in your photograph. It really is that big of a deal.